Thursday, April 16, 2015

Class #17: Hurricane Pam's Impact on Vanuatu (Socratic Seminar)

Do Now: What is tourism? How does tourism impact the economy of a tourist destination?


A boy plays with a soccer ball amidst wreckage caused by Cyclone Pam.
LT: LT: I can participate like a scholar in a Socratic Seminar.
Participation
I can participate in a Socratic Seminar. I actively listen to my classmates and share my ideas multiple times in the discussion.  
Using Evidence
I can use evidence from the text to support my claims.
Respect
I participate respectfully. I engage in the discussion in a kind and supportive way.



Pre-Seminar
Hurricane Pam's Impact on Vanuatu

Socratic Seminar
  1. Focus Questions:
    1. What were the environmental and economic impacts of Cyclone Pam in Vanuatu?
    2. Should Vanuatu rely on tourism as it recovers?
  2. Reading & Notes
  3. Discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment